Friday, September 19, 2008

1. Mission of this Blog

I'm fascinated by culture. Art, dance, music, performance, language, communication. How people entertain each other and themselves. How we inspire. Humans as social, physical, thinking, dreaming animals. I want to share my observations about media, performance art, movies, stuff I hear and see that gets me feeling and thinking. My entries may often be about dance and contact improvisation more than other stuff. I'll pass on great quotes that I hear. Cool things to look at on YouTube. Sometimes I believe culture is evolving and humans can get wiser and more respectful and smoother and more joyous in interacting with each other. Sometimes thinking about our long history of violence and bloodshed makes me think it is just another aspect of humanity that we need to learn how to dance with.
Next Entry: Musings about the words "jam," "jamming," "jamboree!"

copyright Sara Zolbrod 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sara! Way to go with your new blog. How exciting. Now the world can see/read what a talented writer you are. Kudos! - Your dancer friend on Hawaii, Tina